Germguardian Pluggable UV-C Air Sanitizer GG1000
- Item #: GUGG1000
Germguardian Pluggable UV-C Air Sanitizer Model GG1000
Kills Harmful Airborne Bacteria
Kills over 98% of airborne bacteria using UV-C technology
Fights odors from mildew, smoke, pet areas, cooking and more
Kills Airborne Mold
Kills airborne mold spores
Produces no ozone
Tested by the Harvard School of Public Health and independent third-party laboratories for efficacy
- UV-C light technology is used in hospitals to sanitize
- Processes 456 cubic feet of air per hour
- Whisper-quiet operation
- Great to use in the bedroom, bathroom and kitchen
- No filters to clean or replace
- 1-year limited warranty
- Model Number: GG1000 and GG1000CA
- Construction: Plastic and aluminum
- Power: Plug
- Working Weight: 1lb.
Air Processing: 456 cubic feet per hour
- Bulb: 3.5 watt ultraviolet-c light bulb
- Bulb Life: Approximately 4,000 hours
- Special Features: Bacteria and Odor Elimination
- Noise Level: Quiet
Length: 3.5 inches
Width: 3.5 inches
Height: 11.25 inches
Approved Product Description
The germguardian® Pluggable UV-C Air Sanitizer eliminates over 98% of airborne germs. It also destroys odors and allergens like dust mites and mold spores.
Plug it in next to the diaper pail, in the kitchen or the bathroom. Moms and dads love it next to the diaper pail, and pet owners use it to destroy germs and fight unwanted odors.
The UV-C bulb should be replaced every 6-8 months depending on use.
What is UV-C?
UV-C is part of the ultra-violet light spectrum that is filtered out by the earth's atmosphere. The 'C' stands for the particular frequency of UV light that kills germs.
Why is UV-C so effective at destroying germs?
UV-C light is highly effective at penetrating thin-walled germs like viruses and bacteria. The light alters the genetic structure of the germs and they die.
Is this new technology?
No. UV-C has been used to kill germs for almost 100 years. The first usage was in France in 1909 to disinfect their water system. This technology is still used today in hospitals, commercial buildings and custom homes to kill germs.
UV-C Pluggable Air Sanitizer
- How big is the product?
The Pluggable is about eleven-inches tall and weighs approximately one pound.
- Is the product expensive to operate?
No. The UV-C bulb uses less energy than a standard light bulb.
- How long will the bulb last?
The UV-C bulb will last between 4,000 and 5,000 hours.
- Will I need to replace the bulb?
Yes, after 4,000 hours the bulb will lose approximately 15% of its efficiency. To maintain optimum performance it is recommended to change the bulb.
- How do I know when I need to change my bulb?
The bulb will flicker or change colors. That is an indication that the bulb is failing and needs to be replaced.
- Does the Pluggable emit ozone?
No. The type of UV-C bulb used in the Pluggable is a special one that does not emit ozone out of the product.
- How long is the warranty?
The Pluggable has a 1-year limited product warranty. See instruction manual for further warranty information.
- Does the product require regular cleaning or maintenance?
The only recommended maintenance is to replace the UV-C bulb.
- Where should I use the product?
The Pluggable can be used at home in an office environment, hotel rooms, doctor’s office, or anywhere indoors where there is a desire or need to sanitize the air and fights odors. The Pluggable is ideal for small rooms like the bathroom or bedroom. It is also great in pet areas or next to the diaper pail in the baby’s room. The Pluggable is not designed for outdoor use.
- Is the product safe around children or pets?
Yes. The Pluggable is as safe as any other device that uses 120V of electricity. While all children and pets are advised not to play with the unit there are no additional safety risks. The Pluggable is cool to the touch and safe around children and pets.
- If I buy the Pluggable will I get sick?
The purchase of a Pluggable does not prevent illness. Pluggable is designed to kill over 98 percent of airborne bacteria* and fights odors.
* Please note: The germguardian® Pluggable UV-C Air Sanitizer (and the Clean2 UV-C Air Sanitizer and Hand Vac) use a replaceable 3.5-watt UV-C bulb to eliminate 99% of targeted airborne bacteria. The 3.5-watt UV-C bulb fits into all GG1000 (and GGH200) models.
It is suggested that the bulb be replaced every 6-8 months depending on use. Replacement bulbs are available below!
- Availability: In Stock. Ready to ship!
- Condition: New